Monday, December 7, 2015

Well Just What to Draw

Well Just What to Draw, pages 34 & 35, Zeta Old Book. Steve Franklin. 2015.
Dear Reader,

Some days I have no clue what do draw.  I just boldly move forward in hopes that I make something--anything to get myself started.  If you have a sketchbook and haven't filled up any pages in it, then just go ahead and make an awful page.  I do it all the time.  If I spend a few days without drawing, I know that I begin to accumulate these horrible images in my being that choke up my creative flow, kind of like a bit of cookie that's stuck in the straw of an Oreo shake.  Just force it through, and I guarantee the good ones will begin to flow again.  Gee. I must be craving a shake.  I don't think I know anyone who doesn't like Oreo cookies.

Let me be honest with you.

I haven't worked in my sketchbook in at least two days, and I'm feeling worthless.  As soon as I'm done writing this, I promise I will sit myself down, open my sketchbook and fill a page.  If it comes out crappy, so be it.

Sometime this week, I may treat myself to a shake.
I think I'll listen to Songs for Drella to get myself in the mood.
What? You've never heard of Songs for Drella? It's an album by Lou Reed & John Cale for the late Andy Warhol.
Okay, I'll shut up now and get to it.
Bye,
-Steve


I'm back!

Well, I did it.  I completed a crappy page, and it feels Great to get it out of my system.  I used a gray paint marker, micron pen and watercolors.  I really enjoyed listening to the album.  Drawing and listening to the album took me out of myself and into an imaginary world of art and artists that I've never visited nor met--except in my mind. It was cold so I wore something warm: a beanie, scarf, long socks, gloves and jacket.

Thank you so much for reading.  You're wonderful.
Goodnight.


Crappy Page, New Big Book, page 68. Steve Franklin, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment