Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

Say Goodbye to year 2015.
Today was a normal day yet it is the last day in 2015.
I made this two page spread today. I was inspired by crows in the neighbor's yard across the street. It has been misty and drizzly. They all seemed to be feasting on something, so I took a photo for reference.
Goodbye 2015, New Big Sketchbook, Mixed Media. Steve Franklin, 2015.
 I sketched the four birds using a brown colored pencil then applied masking fluid around each using a cotton swab (had to use a fresh one per bird). Next, I layered indigo blue then sepia via airbrush onto gessoed pages. Next, I rubbed off the mask and sprayed different colors, brushed gesso over many areas, sprayed a layer of transparent airbrush extender then fluid matte medium.  Next, I stamped the lettering and some line work with a black acrylic marker, covered that with fluid matte medium, and was finished.

I resisted the urge to add my favorite color that I always use: quinacridone/nickel ago gold.
Golden High Flow Acrylics used:
Golden Airbrush Transparent Extender, Indigo, Sepia, Green Gold, Quinacridone Magenta, Hansa Yellow Medium, and Phthalo Blue (Green Shade).
Other Materials:
Golden Acrylic Gesso, Golden Fluid Matte Medium, Molotow Signal Black Acrylic Marker, Daler Rowney Art Masking Fluid
Studio desk with sketchbook.
Happy New Year!
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment