Tuesday, December 29, 2015

So Tired

Hello, artistic person!
Here are pages 32 and 33 of my old Zeta sketchbook.
Zeta Sketchbook pages 32 & 33. Steve Franklin, 2015.
I've always enjoyed scribbling lines using ballpoint pen and sometimes I'm fortunate enough to discover an ink that slightly bleeds when adding a wet brush. Of course, basic shape and color can be important in a work. I initially started to do a portrait but when the subject left, I continued the drawing (page 32) using abstraction as the content.

Somedays, I'm so very tired that I let my subconscious mind take over a drawing.  It takes me inside the landscape of my mind where thoughts become bits and glimpses most likely taken from experience of observing things. Later, I can add color to transform my scribblings into something presentable.

Thanks,
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment