Sunday, December 13, 2015

See Me



See Me, page 135. Pencil. Steve Franklin 2014.
So here's a page in the Big Old sketchbook. I was doodling and drawing letters.

This weekend, I felt the need to just stop doing stuff and just relax.  I think I just needed to reset my mind.  I was kind of feeling down on myself and felt the need to watch a movie, just so I could let someone else's creation take me to another world for awhile.  Isn't that what movies do for us?  I just watched a movie on the television.  Then I watched some more, and took a nap.  That was Saturday.  Now, I can't even remember just what it is that I watched.  Oh, well.

Hey!  I had that shake today!  I had a veggie burger with an Oreo Pumpkin shake at Burger King. It was good.  I actually did the cooking this weekend.  Saturday, I made some cornbread; I cooked over easy eggs for breakfast. Sometimes I make sweet potato and egg tacos for breakfast.  This is how I make them: I peel a sweet potato with a sharp knife, dice it then place it in a pan; add real butter, some water and salt; cover it and simmer until the water evaporates, throw in eggs beaten with a drop of milk, cook that, grate some muenster cheese to throw on top, add chipotle salsa, then fold this into a flour tortilla I heated on a separate pan (comal?).  These are great.

Oh, I got off the subject.  Where was I?  Oh, yeah, I cooked.  I also made biscuits this morning with potatoes and scrambled eggs.  Since I wanted some sort of gravy to go with the biscuits, I opened a carton of split pea soup to dip my biscuits into, since I don't eat meat and had no mushrooms.  This weekend, I tried to cook with just what I could find around the house, because I didn't feel like going to the grocery store at all on Saturday.  Although, I did have to go to the store today.  I love getting a hot french bread loaf and eating some with tomato soup. I like to throw precooked chickpeas in the soup to add protein.

Often times, when I sketch lettering, I like to first draw a shape to fit letters or words into.

Take care for now.
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment