Monday, December 28, 2015

The Impossible Hand Pose

Hi. I'm still adding old journal page pics.  Yes, I am still working in two other journals, but my uploading of older pages is lagging behind, and I want to share this page with you.
Do you have one of those wooden hands or mannequins?  If so, it would make a good subject of study in your sketchbook.
This is a hand with an impossible pose. I sketched a wooden hand.  Then I tried the pose.  It's impossible---or so I thought.  Then I was showing the page to people, and one girl showed me that she was able to pose her hand the same way.  Go figure.

I painted this with liquid acrylic paints.  I left the background bottles blank and moved on to the next page.
The Impossible Hand Pose, Old Zeta Book, Page 24. Steve Franklin, 2014.
Have a great day!
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment