Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Airbrush Pages: 36-39

Hello, wonderful person!
Thanks for visiting this page.
Here are pages 36, 37, 38 and 39 of my old Zeta sketchbook.
Old Zeta Sketchbook pages 36 & 37. Airbrush. Steve Franklin, 2015
Above, I just started free drawing with an airbrush.  I use an Iwata Eclipse HP CS.  The brush needed cleaning, but I just wanted to continue working with it.  I use Golden High Flow acrylics mixed with Golden Airbrush Transparent Extender. Since the colors are strong, I make them more transparent with the extender.
I haven't been using airbrush for the last week, because I've been thinking of making some sort of tent with PVC pipe and clear plastic, with a fan to blow out the paint particles.  I've been using a mask, but the last time I worked on a painting, I got carried away and noticed that the whole room was hazy from paint particles.  I thought that this would be bad for the dogs who love to hang out with me, so I decided to lay off the airbrush until I deal with this issue.
I did some research and saw everything from a giant garage painting booth for painting cars to the small table ones for people who paint scale models.  I've decided I need to make a smaller version, like the one for painting cars,  one that I can step into, like a two person phone booth size. In the meantime, I can work with other art media.
Below is my dog Annabel, my mixed breed rescue, enjoying some ice cream.  On the right, I just began doodling and mixed watercolor with colored pencil. I also added a bit of white gesso here and there.

Old Zeta Sketchbook pages 38 & 39. Airbrush. Steve Franklin, 2015.
Bye for now!
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment