Sunday, February 7, 2016

Self Portrait & Observational Sketches

Hi.
Here are pages 14 & 15 of my current sketchbook. On the left, I began a self portrait, which somehow makes me look 25 years older--oh well.  How did I do it? Well, I started with a thin coat of gesso on the page followed by the violet mixture of fluid acrylic followed by a light coat of matte medium. I then used gesso with a flat brush to do the portrait, adding layers of color using fluid acrylics, a thin coat of gloss acrylic to complete. I had initially planned to do more layers, but never returned to the page.
On the right are just observational sketches of people with some light watercolor washes and pen.
Big New Sketchbook, pages 14 & 15. Steve Franklin, 2015.
Thanks for viewing.

_Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment