Sunday, February 7, 2016

Pure Contour and Color

Hi.
I'm resting from a long week of work.  Ugh!
Here are pages from my latest book.
These are pure contour drawings (single line; don't look at the paper). I added watercolor washes to add color. On page 7, I marbled the page by using the shaving cream and watercolor technique. What's that, you say? You spray cheap foamy shaving cream onto a table and smooth out the surface with a big piece of mat board or cardboard so it's flat, drip different colors of watercolor from a brush, twirl the colored drops around in the shaving cream with the handle of the brush, place the paper face down onto the image, lift it off the shaving cream then scrape it off with the cardboard then allow to dry (or use a hair dryer).
I used handmade stamps for the boarders of the pages. On the marbled page, I used brush strokes of watercolor.
Big New Sketchbook, pages 6 & 7. Steve Franklin, 2015.

Big New Sketchbook, pages 8 & 9. Steve Franklin, 2015.
Thanks for viewing.
Take care.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment