Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Me Again

Hi.
Here I started with the purple background then started a self portrait with airbrush.  I quickly realized that I needed to clean the airbrush, and the portrait was not coming out as planned.  Since I certainly not up to the task of breaking down then cleaning my airbrush, I decided to try out the Molotow acrylic paint markers to finish the portrait. It worked out okay.

I have the Molotow marker colors in the 2mm size: signal black, traffic red, currant, cool gray pastel, true blue, signal white, hazelnut brown, neon pink, grasshopper, zinc yellow, [ocher] brown light, shock blue middle, DARE orange, neon yellow fluorescent, and KA077 green. I ordered some, but most I bought each day at Michael's art store using a 50% off coupon (nowadays, I can only get 40% off coupons.) I was waiting until I collected a bunch to use them.  I would say that the most useful color I have is the signal white one.  If you can't afford to collect a big set, then I recommend you just get the white one.  I did find that once you lay these down, you should brush over them with a thin coat of clear acrylic because they partly rub off.  Perhaps after drying overnight they form a better bond, but I usually like to play it on the safe side and add the clear coat on top.  I believe your art should be as permanent as you can make it--within reason.
Me. Acrylic on paper, Big New Sketchbook, Steve Franklin, 2015.
Thanks for viewing!
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment